My first post is out of scope. Mainly I planned, trying to help everyone for earn money with affiliate networks and affiliate money tips. But 3-4 years ago I was a freelancer in ODESK. That company has renamed as Upwork. I think I know some kind of tips about freelancing. That’s the reason about make this post for my first one.
Freelancing is a real opportunity for every IT professionals and non IT professionals also. Specially for who are living in developing countries. Because they can earn with dollars. When It converts to local currency, it’s getting big value. I know some people are working in full time and they are earning a lot of money from freelancing.
Top freelancing websites
- UPWORK (previously “ODESK”) – This is the top freelancing website. It has over 1 million clients. They are guaranteed for hourly jobs. 691 in ALEXA rank. And the popular freelancing website of Elance.com is joined for UPWORK enterprises also.
- Freelancer (previously “Get A Freelancer”) – It has over millions of projects in every time. 1,424 in ALEXA rank
- Fiverr This is the different type of freelancing network than UPWORK and Freelancing.com. Because you have to create your own profile then client will be hired after seeing your profile. That’s meanwhile You can’t bid their projects. This website is very popular than upwork.com because it has 464 ranked in ALEXA.
Those are the very popular and top ranked freelancing websites. You can easily find out in google if you need more freelancing websites.
How to Become a Professional Freelancer – Tips and Tricks
I worked as a freelancer on ODESK in 2009-2012. Now It’s renamed as an UPWORK. I have done several things of web programming in php based such as php error fixing, html conversions, onsite SEO, small custom php CMS developments, CMS integration like wordpress, joomla and opencart etc. I left from freelancing because I don’t like to work for someone and I hate programming also.
These steps you should follow – Strongly recommended
- Understanding what you can do
- Make a real professional profile
- Make an attractive cover letter
- Getting your first job
- Improve your earnings
1. Understanding What you can do
Firstly you should understand about your own skills. If you can do something with photoshop, then you can make logos, banners, brochures and you can do a lot of things. You can find professional designs from the internet and think how to make like that. When you getting some problems or don’t know how to create as well, you can search on google and find the best solutions and you can watch the video tutorials free on youtube.
2. Make a real professional profile
Then you should create your own profile as like professionally and creativity.
This is my upwork profile.
Get some idea with my UPWORK profile. But this is too old one.
My useful tip : Find a someone in your category and follow them up. If you need to create a data entry profile, then find a reputed data entry operator and follow their profile. But don’t be copied the all contents of profile. I’m just telling only follow.
3. Make an attractive cover letter
Cover letter should be a pretty simple. You must include,
- Your experience to do the project as well (better way – include the previous projects you have been done the similar types of)
- How to complete that project – steps by steps
- Time frame (how long time will be taken to complete that project)
P.S : Don’t send the same cover letter for all. Firstly you must read the all job postings carefully and then apply for suitable ones only. And you should care about the limitation of job postings.
4. Getting your first job
This is the one of difficulty part of freelancing. If you have a good reputations and reviews and already done more successful jobs, then you can get the jobs easy way. But now you don’t have any successful jobs, reviews and you are an very beginner for freelancing. Then not possible to getting new jobs.
My tip – Do your first project as a very low budget. Find small projects like lower than $50 and apply. Don’t apply for hourly job. Include the cover letter and tell them “I can create your project as a very low budget. Because I’m trying to getting my first project blah blah blahhhh………..”. And tell them exactly you can done the project immediately. This is the way of I could find my first job. I have done 3,4 projects like this and I have got the 5 star ratings about that all projects as well.
If you are still struggling to getting your first job, please comment bellow and tell me the exact problem. Then I can help you or probably some of my followers will help you to getting your first job as well.
5. Improve your earnings
If you have a great reputation rate (more than 4.5) and if you done more than 100 of projects and worked more than 1000 of hours, then i think you have no issues for getting projects from the clients.
My Tips for Reputed workers
- Get the high quality jobs only – Try to get hourly jobs from reputed clients. You can see how they spent money and how they payed for previous projects. And you must care about the previous reviews of the employees.
- Apply firstly – All quality jobs are posting in working hours of USA, UK and Australia. Because both reputed and good clients are in that countries. Then I am already added additional clocks in my personal computer. And you should refresh every minutes the page of job posting. That will help to be applied firstly.
- Try to find similar projects which you have done before – This is useful for programmers. If you see some projects which you have done before like that, then you must try to get that project should be. Because you need to do some small things or some little bit modifications to be finalized that project as well. You can include your previous project’s screenshot or some demo link in your cover letter.
And these tips are useful for if someone has done few of projects and they are seeking many projects. Again I am saying you must attention about your reputation(feedback). You can tell to customer directly to give full marks of reputation(5 star) after done each projects.